The resolution to set up Modern Academy for Engineering and Technology’s Education Quality Office was taken in accordance with Act 83 (2006) issued by the Republic’s President to establish the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education (NAQAAE) after it had been ratified by People’s Assembly. This has also been preceded by the presidential Decree Number 25 (2007) for issuing the executive regulation of Act 82 (2006) and in accordance with the approval of Modern Academy for Engineering and Technology’s Board of Trustees Chairman (14th of January, 2010). The Education Quality Office has been established as follows:
Modern Academy for Engineering’s Quality and Accreditation Assurance Office (QAAO) is to be established. The office is an extension of Quality Follow-up Office founded on 25th of January 2006. QAAO is managerially autonomous, and it is attached to the academy’s dean. A working group is formed in every scientific division, and it is named “Division Quality Unit”. The unit is headed by the head of the division in coordination with Quality and Accreditation Assurance Office.
The office’s mission includes documenting and evaluating the performance of all the educational organization’s elements and activities. This is done in light of the evaluation criteria issued by the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education. The target is accomplishing comprehensive quality and constant development of the educational system as well as progressing the level of efficiency and the competitive capability of the educational output. With this fulfilled, the academy would establish itself as one of the distinct educational institutions.
Division Quality Units determine their missions in accordance with the office’s mission. The units then get the approval of the Academy Council and announce them within one month of the issue of the quality and accreditation regulation.
The office’s vision incorporates fulfilling the constituents of the internal quality assurance in all divisions, so that the academy would be capable of constant development. In that manner, the academy would be qualified to gain its institutional accreditation as well as academic accreditation for its programs from the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education.
Division Quality Units determine their visions in accordance with the office’s vision. The units then get the approval of the Academy Council and announce them within one month of the issue of the quality and accreditation regulation.
The office and the units aim at documenting and evaluating the performance as well as developing the educational process. They also target serving society and developing the environment as well as working on gaining institutional and academic accreditation for the academy’s programs. This is done through fulfilling the following sub-goals:
1. Evaluating the educational process via assessing performance indicators of the educational process’s input and output (staff members – employees – students – graduates, etc.)
2. Designing and preparing form models or required evaluation tools so that they include assessment mechanisms and criteria as well as the procedural steps required for implementing the system of evaluation
3. Spreading evaluation culture among the academy’s staff members and students via organizing discussion panels, workshops and training courses which are concerned with performance evaluation and quality assurance
4. Exchanging experience and notions/concepts of developing university education with similar centers and units in Egyptian, Arab and international universities; benefiting of these to accomplish the required development
5. Setting up data base and complete files for all the study programs and academic courses for the entire academic degrees presented by the academy, paving the way to accrediting all that accords with the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education criteria
6. Determining the points of strength and weakness in potentials and study programs offered by the academy as well as presenting appropriate suggestions and methods for overcoming them
7. Following up the development of the academy’s various divisions with respect to programs for guiding the academy’s graduates to reach a distinct level among other corresponding colleges; this is done in a manner that equips graduates with a highly competitive capability in the labor market
8. Working on finding communication channels with national and international authorities – channels that are interested in university evaluation and quality assurance, targeting the exchange of experience in a manner that develops the performance of the educational process in the academy
9. Preparing and following up the training programs that contribute to the application of mechanisms of quality assurance and accreditation requirements